Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sigh...


Hi Friends, sorry to start off with a negative expression, but you'll know why I feel like that soon enough...

I went back to the youth service yesterday, since I had a talk this morning to 30 expecting parents. And I must say, that I enjoyed the worship, especially the last song... Heart of Worship... it's all about Jesus, really, and only. Musicians were... errr... quite ok lah, a few glitches here and there, but overall, it was great. At least I could really focus and worship Him, unlike being in the Sunday service, which had "changed" to include a lot of "interrupting" interludes of traditional (and ancient) Lutheran hymns. Not that I have anything against hymns, but still, to do that in between of everything??? Pretty disturbing for me, personally. Ain't see that in any of the prospering and fast-growing churches or any of the churches I came from. *SHRUGS* Who am I to judge or give comments anyway...

Now why did I go into that? LOL I was supposed to relate my experience in the youth! And I must say, that the My Got Talent thing was surprisingly refreshingly good! So many talented people expressing themselves.

What really hit me, hence the sigh, was the fact that, I am NEEDED. God needs me. I just can't help but feel like how Jesus felt when He saw the multitudes. Lost sheep without shepherd. Well, what happened was that, I was asked to share the Good News with a newcomer. Why me? There were so many other "regulars", guys, around my age, that they could ask to do that. And then there was this dear brother who needed my... I wouldn't call it counselling, but sharing, due to a relationship problem. I "felt" inclined to share with him, because I totally understand what he is going through, cos I had been there before, and I spotted a few errors he is making. Must be God's leading, no doubt. And made me realize the REASON WHY I had to go through all those hurting moments last time. So that I could encourage, advise and help somebody to avoid or go through the same painful moments! And I truly believe that God makes ALL things BEAUTIFUL, in HIS time (Ecc 3:11). Sometimes, it's about timing. When some things don't go right in a relationship, it could just be that the timing is not right. Not His time, YET. And all we need to do is to let go, and let God. In His time, He will make ALL things perfect and wonderful. And God will give you Christ's strength to overcome the pain (Phil 4:13).

So why did I sigh...? Let's just say that I am still "rebellious" and unwilling to accept the fact that He has a great plan for me. He would make me a billionaire, no doubt, but He also gave me the ability and talent to help people. To counsel and to share the Good News. To comfort those in need. Where did all these come from? From praying the prayer of Jabez! Didn't I (used to) pray "Lord, enlarge my territory"?

I know, I know. I had been MIA. Lost, backslidden, disappeared, whatever you want to call it, but I just know deep down that I cannot run away from the fact that HE HAS GREAT PLANS FOR ME. How come Jonah comes to my mind? LOL

When are you going to stop running away, John?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home